Happy Birthday Walleye

Thursday, June 03, 2010 , , 1 Comments


For this past weekend my parents came down to Lawrence on a surprise visit. Sunday we rented a boat and went fishing for a few hours on Hillsdale Reservoir. Caught plenty of Wiper, Crappie and one Walleye. The most productive lure of the day was by far a Salmo #4 Hornet crankbait in blue and silver. Salmo crankbaits have long been a productive bait for my Dad and I for several years, information we picked up from a guide in Minnesota. They dive between 6-12 feet dependent on how far out they are and have a tight distinct action. 

Here are the pictures:


First Crappie of my Father's life. 




World Record Class Wiper


My Birthday Walleye, just under 3 lbs. Caught on beetle spinner. 


And finally a nice Crappie from Alexander the previous week at Hillsdale. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, Dad must feel vary proud of his big wipe, its twice as big as the big mans fish at the bottom. Is that a beard you are growing there Bryan? And if you really like to write for fun, you should write my thesis paper coming up!! By the way, I love how this is labeled anonymous but I tell you who this is!!
-Sara