Fly Tying

Monday, February 07, 2011 , 0 Comments


This fall I started learning how to tie flies. I have been resisting for a while now, but finally succumbed to the inevitable. So far I have only learned how to tie two patterns: Wooly Bugger and Sarge's Crappie Fly but I am sure I will learn more patterns soon through the fly fishing club and a fly tying book Bret gave me.  My goal is to learn how to tie a Clouser Minnow by the time the Wiper Run begins in April on order to fish with only flies I have made. The obvious appeal to tying your own flies is that you are catching fish with something you have created from scratch rather than something you purchased at a store. 


First fly I ever made. Wooly Bugger. Fly Vise is a DanVise. I must admit not bad for the first fly... 


0 Comments: