Hiking Kansas: Return to Horsethief Canyon

Friday, May 24, 2013 , 0 Comments


A month ago I returned to Kanapolis State Park in Kansas to hike Horsethief Canyon. I attempted last year but was unable to go too far due to high water. This time with lower water and higher temperatures my girlfriend, her dog Chance, and I were able to hike the trail for 7 hours and still only covered a portion. Truly one of my favorite places in Kansas. I highly recommend Kanapolis to anyone looking for some quality hiking in the area. Two notes for those considering hiking the trail. First, overnight camping is not allowed, unfortunately, though I am sure you could easily spend a few days hiking all it has to offer. Camping is available at the state park, however. Secondly, the trail is not marked especially well so be sure to be keen of your surroundings so you are able to navigate your way back to your origin. Here are the pictures, credit belongs jointly between myself and my girlfriend. 






































































0 Comments: