Two Bass

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 , , 0 Comments


Several weeks ago I went to La Cygne to fish for the first time. I have to admit its kind of a creepy place at night and the power plant is less than scenic. Went there for flathead but all of our bluegill died en route so we tried for channel catfish with no luck. Being 3 AM I started messing around with a chartreuse spinnerbait and to be honest accidently caught two largemouth. Biggest was 3 1/2 lbs. 



A few days later I took a friend fishing from work who hadn't fished in years. It was an interesting experience he caught one bullfrog and a bluegill. To his credit the wind was very severe and casting was difficult. I caught six largemouth including my biggest yet of the year a touch over 5 lbs caught on a crankbait. Was quite a fight, he was not cooperative coming in. 


0 Comments: