First Fish of The Year!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 , , 0 Comments


The season has officially begun! I went out yesterday to go fishing and caught my first two fish: a 4 1/2 lb and 3 lb largemouth. Location: Secret and Undisclosed! They were caught on Strike King Series 6XD and 6 crankbaits respectively using a very slow retrieve. Not a bad way to start the season!


Great fish to start the season with! 4 1/2 lbs


The Strike King Series 6XD in Sexy Shad Color Pattern. This is the crankbait series that Kevin VanDam has won over $4.5 million in tournament winnings on. I really like the crankbaits thus far and how they designed them to hit all depths from a few feet to 17 feet depending on the series number.


The 3 lb Largemouth I caught on the Series 6 Citrus Shad Color Pattern. Here are the depths for the crankbaits in the series. Series 6XD 17ft, Series 6 15ft, Series 5 12ft, Series 4 8ft, Series 4S 5ft, Series 3 8ft, Series 1 2-5ft, Series 1XS 1ft, Series Mini 3 4-6 ft. You can see how these crankbaits really allow you to pinpoint the depth you want to achieve. Better yet they are cheap. I am sure I will be using these baits much more this year. I will keep you up to date, but so far I am very impressed. 

0 Comments: