Product Review: FITS Socks

Monday, April 15, 2013 , , 2 Comments


A product review of socks on an outdoor blog may seem like a strange thing but after putting these socks to the test over the past few months I am impressed to the point where I must review and recommend them. If you fly fish often and in the pursuit of your hobby find yourself often wading in frigid water, you know the frustration of finding quality wool socks which will keep you warm, stay in place, and not wear out. I have tried many brands but all have been disappointing to a certain degree--generally due to wearing out too quickly or loosing their shape, except FITS brand. 

FITS are made of two ply Merino wool in Tennessee. Merino is a very soft wool with excellent durability for a variety of athletic purposes. It shines in its ability to wick away moisture and keep you warm, even when wet. To take greatest advantage of wool wear it directly against the skin. Now what makes FITS Merino wool stand out is the incorporation of nylon, polyester, and spandex to create a sock which conforms very tightly to your foot and calf to ensure it doesn't move or wear out. The socks retail for around $20. I use them whenever I throw on my waders or go hiking. Truly the best wool sock I have ever owned. 

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Got to love some wool socks. My wife makes a mean pair perfect for wearing with waders. A good set like hers (or the Fits Sock) will keep your feet warm even when ice is sticking to your guides.

Atlas said...

Agreed. Without wools socks I think I may only fish April through September. Fisherman's best friend. Or well one of them.